Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Another bunting

It's almost Halloween - hooray!  I don't know what it is about this holiday that always has me a bit giddy.  We are definitely not the family to recreate a graveyard in our front yard or go to town carving pumpkins.  But, I love my Halloween decorations that come out of the box each year, and have been enjoying creating a few new ones this year. 


First up, another bunting/garland.  I made my first appliqued bunting for little A's birthday.  I thought I would do another very similar but with square panels instead of triangles (it was kind of tricky fitting and centering the letters on the pennants).  I had planned to sew orange pom poms to connect all the letters but then saw the orange rick-rack and went with that.  After seeing an old post on Made by Rae, I decided to use the tiny black rick-rack to make little tags instead.

All in all, I like the look of this, but, let me tell you:  it is NOT easy to slide tiny rick-rack along a larger rick-rack length.  And....if you want to get a photo of your completed project, don't do it on a windy day - these letters were flipping around all over the place!  (Where I actually hang the bunting inside is in our stairwell - the light is really tricky for getting a good photo.)

Also, if you have a dog, you might want to keep him inside for your outdoor photo shoot or he might grab the bunting and run for it, causing a tangeld, twisted mess (not that MY dog did that...wait, yes he did.  Sigh...)

On a last, wonderfully positive note:  I found a new product that I love, love, love - Sulky Temporary Spray Adhesive.    Not using iron-on fusible web makes me feel a bit like a cheater, but it was soo easy to simply spray, stick and sew!



Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Ruby said...

Looks really great! Where'd you get the spray? I'd love to try some.

Roselee said...

You know that little shop down the street? Joann's? In the notions section.
Boy, I'm envious of the people who have a good, local fabric shop close by!

Sharri said...

Beautiful! Owen loved his pumpkin bag also. Don't you love the compliment he gave you? "Roselee is the best sewer in the world." Indeed. Love reading your entries!

Emily said...

beautiful, festive bunting!! and, THANKS for the spray tip. woop woop!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...