Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cranberry Orange Relish



Every year, we like to give a little something for the holidays.  This year, I wanted to share my mom's Cranberry Orange Relish.  The color is gorgeous, and its sweet and sour combination is perfect on a sandwich or as a side dish. I have eaten more than my fair share this season!


Living in Massachusetts, we are lucky to find fresh bog berries (three times the size of the Ocean Spray ones!) at the local market.  This recipe is so easy, yet makes a unique treat.




Cranberry Orange Relish

4 cups cranberries, washed and picked over
1 whole navel orange, washed, ends cut off, and cut into eighths
1/2 cup sugar (or more to taste)

Place cranberries, orange pieces and sugar in the food processor.  Pulse until cranberries are finely chopped.

Let relish sit in refrigerator overnight.  Taste and add more sugar as desired.


That's it!

I'm roasting a chicken now just so I can eat the relish tonight.  It's also so tasty on a turkey cheddar panini!

Enjoy!





1 comment:

Lara said...

Made this tonight for my folks, I'm excited to try it out tomorrow, I think it's going to be an added bonus to our thanksgiving table!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...